WTF Poomsae Free Style Competition Guideline
1. Composition of Free Style Poomsae
- Yeon-mu line shall choice of contestant.
- Music & choreography shall be choice of a contestant. However, it should not contain any political, social and religious contents.
- Number of Poom: Each performance shall be composite of 20 to 24 poom (Composition of 1 poom shall be no more than 5 motions).
- Technique: Each performance shall be composite of attacking and defending techniques of Taekwondo with 60% foot techniques and 40% hand techniques.
- Performed techniques must be within boundary of Taekwondo.
- Individual : Male / Female
- Pair 2.
- Mixed Team: Composition of 5 members including more than 2 males and females
3. Uniform of the participant
- Participant shall wear WTF-recognized Poomsae competition uniform.
4. Duration of Contest
- Individual, Pair and Team competition from 60 seconds to 70 seconds.
5. Scoring Criteria
- Scoring shall be made in accordance with the rules of the WTF.
- The types of foot techniques designated by WTF Poomsae Committee for 10th WTF World Poomsae Championships are as follows;
- Heights of jump – Side kick (in case of pair and team division, entire team members must perform this technique)
- Number of kicks in a jump – Front kick (at least one member of the team must perform this technique)
- Gradient of spins in a spin kick - Spinning hook kick or turning kick (at least one member of the team must perform this technique)
- Performance level of consecutive kicks – Kyorugi style kick (at least one member of the team must perform this technique) *3~5 bouncing steps in a spot is mandatory before executing the Kyorugi style kicks.
- Acrobatic actions – Any acrobatic action performance with kick(s). (at least one member of the team must perform this technique)
- Point shall be awarded only if athletes perform the techniques in the above order (Article 5.2).
- Each foot technique shall be up to five run-up.
- One of the following stances must be included in the performance at least once Dwitkubi (Backward inflection stance), Beom-seogi (Tiger stance), Hakdariseogi (Crane stance)