Back whip kick power breaking
Back whip kick breaking is a technique that breaks the targets set by breaking board holders at a certain height with the heel of a foot by turing the body pursuant to the description in the Kukkiwon textbook.
① Contest method : Cut-off
② Contest time : 20 seconds or less
③ Compulsory regulations
- The contestant shall decide the number of breaking targets and apply for it prior to the contest.
- The breaking targets shall be authorized by the Organization Committee.
- The breaking shall be tried only once and be conducted within 20 seconds after the “Si-Jak“ command.
- The contestant can not attach any bandages or other materials on their feet.
- For the kick breaking, the contestant shall use the front of the sole, or heel. - 41 - 6. The height of the breaking targets shall be higher than the contestant's shoulder.
④ Breaking techniques
- When the contestant’s stepping foot leaves from the ground, it may be deemed as an application technique.
- Before performing kicks, the contestant can use a shuffle step or less than two steps.
⑤ Marking method
- Number of broken targets
- In case of a square-figured target, it is supposed to be broken with at least one edge of the four sides. Otherwise, it would be declared as a failure if some of the side edges are remained.
⑥ Penalty warning ("Gyong-go"), deduction ("Gam-jeom"), and disqualification ("Sil-gyouk")}
- Penalties are given by the chief referee.
- The penalties are warning("Gyong-go"), deduction("Gam-jeom"), and disqualification("Sil-gyouk"). A. One warning penalty is equal to a 0.5 point deduction. B. Two warning penalties are equal to one deduction. C. One deduction penalty is equal to 1.0 point deduction, and it is equal to one breaking target.
- Warning("Gyong-go") A. Giving deliberate verbal attacks or movements for disturbing other contestants' breaking B. Disturbing the referee or the staffs to proceed during the contest
- Deduction ("Gam-jeom") A. Damaging the breaking target by foot during preparation for breaking B. Exceeding the time (20 seconds, 1.0 point deduction shall be applied per 10 seconds.) C. When the acts were repeated or conducted deliberately and clearly after a warning was given, no matter how minor the acts were. D. When the compulsory regulation was violated 4. Penalty points shall be deducted from the participant's total score.
- Disqualification("Sil-gyouk") A. When any parts of the body above the knees touch the ground after breaking B. When the contestant conducts breaking in an unfair manner
⑦ Publication of scores
- Once the break is concluded, the staffs will aggregate the number of targets broken and inform the recorder.
- The recorder will report the results to the chief referee and publish the scores.
⑧ Decision of contest
- After the break has ended, if none of the referees raise an objection to the - 42 - breaking process, the number of targets broken will be confirmed. However, if even one referee raises an objection, video analysis will be conducted.
- The winner has the highest number of breaking targets.
- In case of a tie, the winner is the one who has previously requested for more breaking targets.
- If the abovementioned provision fails to decide a winner, the winner shall be the one who weighs less.
- When the contestant fails to break any breaking target, he/she is disqualified for the final round and he/she shall be excluded from the rank if it is the final round.