Fist power breaking
The fist breaking technique should follow the description in the Kukkiwon textbook. It is a straight down punch technique to breaking targets, which are set on breaking holders at a certain height.
① Contest method: Cut-off
② Contest time: 20 seconds or less
③ Compulsory regulations
- Contestants must decide the number of breaking targets and request them while waiting for an event.
- The breaking targets shall be authorized by the Organization Committee.
- Contestant may place the protective materials given by the Organization Committee on the breaking targets to protect themselves from fist injuries, but they should never put any material directly around their fists.
- The fist breaking uses the front part of the forefinger and the middle finger.
- Breaking is conducted only once and must be done within 20 seconds after the “Si-Jak“ command.
- The time to stack breaking targets may not exceed 1 minute, and the width of the support for the breaking target may not be adjusted randomly.
- Contestants shall break while directly facing the referee.
- Contestants shall not move even 1 step for breaking.
④ Breaking techniques
- Contestants may use the application technique, which is to lift the stepping foot off the ground.
- Contestants must use their fist or vertical fist to break the target.
- Contestants can decide the breaking direction.
⑤ Marking methods
- Marking is based on the number of broken targets
- A square-figured target: The broken target means that at least one edge of the four sides is totally broken. Otherwise, it would be declared as a failure.
- Separate standards are applied to other breaking targets.
⑥ Penalty warning ("Gyong-go"), deduction ("Gam-jeom"), and disqualification ("Sil-gyouk")}
- Penalties are given by the chief referee.
- The penalties are warning("Gyong-go"), deduction("Gam-jeom"), and disqualification("Sil-gyouk"). A. One warning penalty is equal to a 0.5 point deduction. B. Two warning penalties are equal to one deduction. - 36 - C. One deduction penalty is equal to 1.0 point deduction, and it is equal to one breaking target.
- Warning("Gyong-go") A. Giving deliberate verbal attacks or movements for disturbing other contestants’ breaking B. Disturbing the referee or the staffs to proceed during the contest
- Deduction("Gam-jeom") A. Damaging the breaking target by fists during preparation for breaking B. When exceeding the time to install breaking targets(1 minute) or breaking (20 seconds), 1.0 deduction shall be applied per 10 seconds. C. When the acts were repeated or conducted deliberately and clearly after a warning was given, no matter how minor the acts were. D. When the compulsory regulations was violated
- Penalty points shall be deducted from the participant's total score.
- Disqualification("Sil-gyouk") A. When any parts of the body above the knees touch the ground after breaking(knees on the ground are accepted) B. When the breaking trial is conducted once more C. When the contestant conducts breaking in an unfair manner
⑦ Publication of scores
- Once the break is concluded, the staffs will aggregate the number of targets broken and inform the recorder.
- The recorder will report the results to the chief referee and publish the scores.
⑧ Decision of contest
- After the break has ended, if none of the referees raise an objection to the breaking process, the number of targets broken will be confirmed. However, if even one referee raises an objection, video analysis will be conducted.
- The winner has the highest number of breaking targets.
- In case of a tie, the winner is the one who has previously requested for more breaking targets.
- If the abovementioned provision fails to decide a winner, the winner shall be the one who weighs less.
- When the contestant fails to break any breaking target, he/she is disqualified for the final round, and he/she shall be excluded from the rank if it is the final round.