Long jump kick breaking
It refers to a contest in which contestants perform an assisted run from a set distance and jump above the obstacle to break the target using the jump side kick technique, and rankings are decided by whoever breaks the target that is farthest away.
❍ Contest Method: Cut-off
❍ Contest Time: 20 seconds or less
❍ Compulsory Regulations
- The contestant shall request the desired target distance before the contest.
- The distance is set by 10 cm.(For example, registering 275 cm or 278 cm is not allowed. Distance of minimum units of 10 cm, such as 280 cm or 290 cm, is the only allowed target distance.)
- After breaking the set target, the contestant may set a farther target. The contestant gets a total of three chances, including the initial round.
- After succeeding in the first breaking, the distance of the second or third round may be set according to the participant’s own judgment. However, the participant may not conduct third round without conducting the second one.
- The breaking targets shall be authorized by the Organizing Committee.
- The breaking shall be tried only once and be conducted within 20 seconds after the “Si-Jak“ command.
- The approach run should be shorter than 12m.
- The finalist may try to make the best record, regardless of times.
❍ Breaking techniques
- Contestants must maintain Jumping Side Kick stance when performing breaks.
- The target must completely broken after the contestant jumps over the obstacle.
- When the target has been completely broken, it considered a successful break.
- Breaking should take place in midair.
- Completely breaking a target means making it break apart into two or more pieces after it has been struck by the contestant’s foot.
- If the target is not completely broken, it will count as a failure to break.
- The obstacle and breaking target heights are as follows
❍ Deduction ("Gam-jeom")
- If the breaking time(20 seconds) is exceeded, a 1.0 point deduction shall be applied for each 10 seconds, and a 1.0 point deduction is equivalent to a 10 cm target distance.
- Penalties are only given at the round for which the contestant registered the target height.
- Penalty points shall be deducted from the participant's total score.
❍ Disqualification ("Sil-gyouk")
- When he/she fails to break the target in applied distance
- When the body touch the obstacle
- When any parts of the body above the knees touch the ground after breaking
- When a Foot touches the ground before breaking
- Entering the contest in the name of others
❍ Decision of contest
- If a contestant fails in the second or third round, the distance that he or she succeeds in the previous round will be marked as his or her longest record.
- If the distance is the same between the participant who had succeeded in the first round and failed in the second round, and the participant who had succeeded in the second round and failed in the third round, then one more opportunity for a round will be given to decide the winner.
- The contestant with the longest record is declared as the winner.
- In case of a tie, the contestants shall compete with each other once more. In case of a tie again, the contestant with shorter height is declared as the winner.